About The Hot Tub Company.
Part of Waterside Leisure UK Ltd, we have specialized in selling spas and hot tubs for over 30 years. This makes us one of the longest established hot tub companies in the country.
Our ethos is that all our products are of high quality and fitted with only the highest quality equipment. We also purchased directly from the manufacturer and therefore cut out the “middle man”. This saves customers thousands of pounds compared to other similar products offered elsewhere.
Progress Over 30 Years
- The Hot Tub Company is one of the longest established hot tub companies in the United Kingdom.
- In 1990, two members of the Chadwick family, Simon and Jonathan, started trading as Waterside Leisure, supplying, building, repairing and installing spas, hot tubs & swimming pools, for both domestic and commercial applications. Both Simon and Jonathan had previous experience within the industry dating as far back as 1984.
- In 1992, the Company became a limited company and carried out many commercial contracts.
- In 1995, the Company moved to larger premises.
- In 1997, the Company became one of the very first hot tub companies on the internet.
- In 2000, the Company moved into new premises with a showroom and a storage facility.
- In 2002, the Company expanded their storage facility with additional warehousing for stock of hot tubs.
- In 2004, the Company expanded further with additional warehousing, bringing the total floor storage area to 24,500ft².
- In 2006, the Company first started to offer Shoreline™ hot tubs exclusively in the UK.
- In 2008, the Company became the first in the UK to offer hot tub heat pumps.
- In 2012, the Company introduced the ShoreSeal™ insulation system, offering guaranteed (like for like) lowest industry running costs.
- In 2012, a World first, the introduction of the ShoreHeat™ heat pump. The first and still the only original equipment manufacturer especially designed for hot tubs.
- In 2013, the first company to offer CARBON OFFSETTING with Shoreline™ hot tubs for 20 years of the hot tub use.
- In 2014, ShoreClear™ Philips® bulb ultra-violet light (UV) water treatment system introduced.
- In 2015, ShoreSet™ smart energy management system introduced.<
- In 2016, HydroMax™, a revolutionary enhanced massage system introduced.
Top Quality Hot Tubs from across the globe
The Hot Tub Company sources products and components from various suppliers and manufacturers based all around the world including the USA, Europe and Australasia. All the carefully selected suppliers are longstanding and are experts in their fields and meet stringent manufacturing codes. The Hot Tub Company has been standing behind warranties for over 30 years.
Many products, particularly hot tubs, are sold on their ‘country of origin’. Inferring that the country of manufacture is somehow a guarantee of quality? Not so. Throughout the 30 years of continuous trading, The Hot Tub Company has seen good and bad hot tubs manufactured in the USA, Canada, Europe and Australasia. Longevity in business, internationally recognised manufacturing standards and buildmarks are a better indication of a quality manufactured product and certainly not where something’s made. In recent years more and more hot tubs are manufactured in China.
Not All Hot Tubs Are Created Equal
A large number of Chinese hot tubs sold in the UK have been of poor quality and have been very poorly designed and constructed. The UK hot tub industry has given these poorly made hot tubs bad reviews and rightly so. Some of these products are of such poor quality that not only do they last a short period of time, but they also cost a fortune to run and maintain. They also break down regularly and more importantly in many cases are dangerous to use.
However, not all products made in China are poorly made. Huge corporations such as Apple, General Electric and Siemens to name a few and many lesser known companies have set up first world factories in China to take advantage of Chinas low cost resources. There is now already a number of large hot tub manufacturers in the USA and Canada that manufacturer their hot tubs in China but do not broadcast this fact. Most North American hot tub manufacturers have Chinese made components such as circuit boards, pumps, jets, covers, etc.
From 2012, Shoreline™ hot tubs have been manufactured and assembled in a purpose built, world class factory in China. Utilizing all the best quality brands, materials and equipment, this allows Shoreline™ to build a far superior quality product in both fabrication and specification than their competitors, and still offer unbelievable value for money.
Please click here to read more about Shoreline™hot tubs.
Contact The Hot Tub Company
For further information about The Hot Tub Company, or to enquire about buying from our superb range of hot tubs and swim spas, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our friendly and dedicated team.